Friday 28 October 2011

Audience Expectation of a thriller movie

Audience Expectations from a Thriller

As an audience member watching a thriller movie I would expect suspense, dark clothing on villains or red on women portraying a ‘sexy’ character. I would expect violence, death; psychological aspects maybe even a conspiracy plot. I want the tension to be built up until the very last moment. You expect to feel tension and fear from the characters. In any thriller movies you expect to see a murder weapon like a gun or a knife. The setting to be in alleyways, suburban areas or even urban areas, depending on the plot or the storyline. I would also like to see close of shots of the villains and the victims so you can see their facial expressions in dramatic moments.
I’m sure audience expectations would be the same or very similar to my own, but I also think this depends on what type of thriller movie you enjoy. Some movies there is no conspiracy or murder plot. Also some don’t use the effect of music to add suspense to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment