Thursday 6 October 2011

6 ways to Kill Your Wife.






This is my groups preliminary piece. The actors are Danica Ebers and Joe Fitzpatrick my team members. I recorded the whole piece.
When uploading the video we had a few problems with sound, the audio button had been unclicked. So after we edited the piece with help from fellow media student Sophie Daniels we found the problem of no sound. Mr Barton came over and suggested we tried to rebatch the piece, after the 3rd attempt it became clear that this was not working. By this time Joe had, had to leave for his 4th lesson, so Sophie stayed with me to help, as she realised that I needed some help.
Mr Barton suggested to us that due to time we would have to fix the problem the hard way, so he caught all the sound clip as one and suggested that we 'cut' the speech up and lay it over the video and get it in line as much as possible. We thought that this wouldnt be easy until we started. The majority of the sound clips were longer than their video clips somehow but we managed to get at least half the video in line. We then also realised that  the match on action shot was not as good as it could have been and so we edited it to look as close as possible. Danica arrived to see the editing and she chose the two songs that are placed at the begining and end of the piece. She also watched the final product to check for any mistakes missed or any changes that may have needed to be done.
The things I learnt from this task are the time. When you think that you have lots of time, but it goes quickly, especially when mistakes occur that take up a lot of that time. I also learnt and adapted more of  my editing skills using Final Cut Pro. Im slowly beginning to know how to use the software, although i'm far off of using it to the best of its abilities i'm sure. A good skill I did aquire was the cutting and laaying of the voice clips with the video clips, at least I no know what to do if a problem like that occurs again, which I hope doesn't!


This is the script that our group created. We had input into what was going to be said and when. 



Refer to Joes blog for storyboard and shot list.

No comments:

Post a Comment